The TdF is winding down and social media is buzzing with talk of cyclocross. Knobbies, hand-ups, barriers, flyover, heckling. This is the language of Fall to a cyclist and even though it’s only July, we couldn’t be more ready.
Except there are some things we need you all to do first.
1. Put these dates on your calendar.
- September 2 Tuesday Night ComoCyclocross Series, every Tues. til Nov 18
- September 27 & 28 ComoCXCup 2 days of CX races at Cosmo Park.
While you’re at it, add these events because they’re always a good time put on by good people.
- September 6 & 7 OT100MTB 2 days of single track on the Ozark Trail
- September 6 & 7, 21, Oct 4 & 5 Wild Trak Bikes Superprestige CX race series
- September 13 & 14 Hermann Cross 2 days of CX races in Hermann, MO
- October 12 Bubba Cyclocross Series 8 weeks of CX races around St. Louis
2. Tell your friends about these dates
Cyclocross is a full participation sport. Riders of every ability and rowdy spectators are part of the fun. All are embraced and plied with beer until, the next thing you know, someone is chasing riders around the course administering corporal punishment with a giant fly swatter.
Share or print this flier.
3. Get a CX bike.
A mountain bike will work too. Beg, borrow, modify, sell stuff on Craigslist, cash in your retirement account, whatever it takes. If you’re not riding CX you are missing out. Simply missing out.